Losing a tooth can have a considerable impact on your oral health, confidence, and overall well-being. You will find that it’s challenging to eat all your favorite foods because it hurts to chew. Many people feel ashamed or embarrassed and discouraged about their oral health.
If you are experiencing the devastating impact of tooth loss on your life, you should know that today, you have several options to replace missing teeth. At Dental Wellness of Pen Argyl, we like to give our patients choices, so we offer full and partial dentures, dental bridges, and dental implants.
What Are Dental Implants?
We use dental implants in Pen Argyl to replace one or more missing teeth. They look like a tiny screw, and our dentists place them in the bone in your jaw. Once a dental implant heals, it becomes part of your jaw and works just as the natural tooth roots once did. Dental implants are then restored with a crown, bridge, or denture, that fills the gap in your smile and allows you to chew comfortably again.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
Aside from restoring your appearance and chewing ability, dental implants have several benefits. Our patients who’ve gotten them love dental implants because they are the replacement that looks, feels, and functions the most like a natural tooth.
Dental implants at our Pen Argyl dental office also offer many other benefits:
- They allow you to eat, speak, smile, and enjoy a natural appearance
- They won’t deteriorate after they’re placed in your jaw.
- They replace a single lost tooth and don’t need the support of nearby teeth
- They help prevent bone loss in your jaw that can make you appear older than you are.
- They are the tooth replacement that looks, feels, and works the most like a natural tooth.
Dental implants are a big investment compared to a dental bridge or denture, but they can last a lifetime if you care for them properly. Make sure you brush at least twice a day and floss once, and visit us twice a year for dental exams and teeth cleanings.
How Does the Dental Implant Process Work?
At Dental Wellness of Pen Argyl, we make the process of getting a dental implant as uncomplicated and stress-free as possible.
- Placing your dental implant – Our dentists place your dental implant during a procedure at our office that takes a little more than an hour. This is not a difficult process, and many patients report that it’s more comfortable than having a tooth pulled.
- Waiting for the implant to heal – Your dental implant will support a dental crown, bridge, or denture, so we must give it plenty of time to heal in your jaw. This process can take anywhere from four to eight months, with six being the average.
- Placing your crown, bridge, or denture – When your implant heals completely, our dentists will attach a dental restoration to restore your appearance and allow you to eat comfortably again.
Call Us to Learn More about Dental Implants
Dental implants have been around for over 40 years and have a very high success rate. If you would like to talk to see if dental implants in Pen Argyl are right for you, call us to arrange an appointment to get started.